O come let us adore Him


 
 
 


This is the second piece of wall décor I made with a Christmas hymn theme. Yesterday I showed
O Holy Night and today this one is "O come let us adore Him."

I used 100 year old island barn board with lots of character and cut a star out of it with my jigsaw.
 

Because the board is so worn, (there are very deep grooves) I sanded across a 4" section right at the bottom. This made it easier to be able to paint a white background and then paint the wording. Between the star and the song lyrics, I painted a small manger scene.

 

This star is lit up with LED lights which are hot-glued on the back. The battery pack sits behind the board, on a cross piece of wood.

You may notice the top of the board is at an angle, this is the way the board must have been used on the barn!

 
This one-of-a-kind piece measures 23" x 11 1/2"
and is available in my shop along with all the other things you see here on the blog

 
Sharing at:
Funky Junk Interiors