Black Horse Ranch sign

  This is one of my favorite signs I've ever made:


Black Horse Ranch $50





 It's 14" x 28" and the side edges are purposely not cut straight.  I search the internet for interesting shapes, this horse outline is called a silhouette. 

This is pallet wood, holes and all still there.  I used my vinegar-and-steel-wool mixture left overnight in a jar and then with water added and brushed on like a stain.

I handpainted the letters, curving the top ones just a bit and then the horse.  It just needed a little something else so I added the horseshoes.  


I just made up the Black Horse Ranch and while writing this thought I should "google" it.  And there is one... in Wyoming... I LOVE Wyoming! So that is cool, but I just chose letters that would look nice with the black horse silhouette.


Linking to
Cottage Instincts
Blue Cricket
Savvy Southern Style






Everything I make is for sale, so if you see something you like, please contact me.

Labels: ,